We made progress on the latest version of the new suspension design today in the shop. I just about have the front triangle done. I made sure the front derailleur fit and am getting the link parts laid out. It's going to be simpler looking than the last one. simple looking is good.
The rear will likely still be made of parts from other existing products (to help cut down on time involved) as we have still not begun the engineering for manufacture. The down tube has a bit of a bend in it to provide clearence for the shock res. I always look forward to bending tube. My tube bender was made from salvage from other machines. It features Parker-Hanifin dies and a huge 1" drive air wrench for a power source. I have accumulated bending dies for most sizes under 2". When it runs it sounds like someone standing on their bag-pipes. Rob used it for the first time yesterday and nailed it quickly. It's a pretty fun machine. I used our Proto-Trac mill yesterday to make some frame parts and today it's getting set up to bore the suspension mounting points. (this is done after the frame is welded and aligned to make sure the everything is straight) . The Prototrac is a 2-1/2 axis CNC mill. It looks like a regular bed mill (the kind where the headstock moves and the table stays at the same height) but it has a DRO with a simple interface for writing mill programs. anyway, I hope to have this new machine finished this week and off to heat treating. Perhaps you will get a chance to try it. I don't know.